Wednesday, September 16, 2009

exciting news, and a little somethin' to make you laugh

Two very exciting things have happened!

First of all, Mary Kate took her first crawling "steps" today! She has been on the verge for a while, but today she reaaally wanted one of Hannah's toys and decided that it was worth about 3 crawling "steps" to get it. Unfortunately, when I tried to get her to do it again, she did not approve of me putting the toy she wanted so far out of her reach :o)

Secondly, after I put Mary Kate in her crib for her afternoon nap, she decided that she'd rather play than sleep. Eventually she got bored and started fussing. I had every intention of letting her fuss a little until she fell asleep on her own, until I heard this: "ma-ma! ma-ma! ma-ma!" This was her first time to say mama - how could I not rush in there and tell her what a good baby she is?! So I did, and I rocked my sweet baby to sleep with the biggest smile on my face :o)

Whew! What an exciting day!

And now for something funny....

Hannah has a really great memory and has memorized many of her favorite books so she can "read" them word for word. At the end of one of her Berenstain Bears books, it says: "As the sky grew darker, they looked up and saw a tiny point of light in the western sky...."

Here is how Hannah reads it to Mary Kate: "As the sky grew darker, they looked up and saw a tiny point of light in the restroom sky...."

haha :o)

3 comments: