Thursday, September 10, 2009

We're Alive!

Hello!

Did you think we had disappeared??

Well, we are back in the blogging world and SO happy to be living in Austin!

Here's a little recap of the last few months for ya:

- We moved in with my parents in June.
- Hannah turned THREE!
- We hunted for houses like crazy.
- We found a house that we love!
- Lorne went back to Atlanta for a month to work on research :o(
- Lorne came back and we officially bought our first home!
- Lorne went up to the house every night after work to paint the girls' new rooms.
- Lorne's parents came to help with painting and moving our stuff in. (Thank you!)
- The Cooks came last weekend to help put up some finishing touches (Thank you!)
- On Monday we officially moved in to our new house!

We love our new house, we love our new neighborhood, we love being in Texas! We feel so incredibly blessed.

Our next door neighbors just moved in a week before we did, and they have 2 little girls just about the same ages as Hannah and Mary Kate! We are so excited! We went over to their house to play yesterday and Ava and Hannah dressed up like princesses and danced around Ava's room. It was so precious!

I'm not going to promise pictures of the house anytime soon b/c there are still many boxes to be unpacked, but eventually I'll post some :o)

Two nights ago Mary Kate woke up in the night crying, and when I looked at the video monitor I saw our sweet baby sitting up all by herself! I was so surprised and so proud! She has also been getting up on all fours a lot lately - I'm just waiting for her to take off crawling!

That's all for now :o)

4 comments:

Graham and Storey said...

Yay! I am so glad you are IN the house! I hope you are loving every second! We are SOOOO happy for you and love knowing you are only a little ways up I35 :)

The Joiners said...

Hooray! I want to see the new house and YOU soon!

the blogivers said...

Glad to hear y'all are all moved in now! We want to come see it/you soon!

Unknown said...

Hey that's awesome! I wanna see pics of your house and especially the girls' rooms!!